Thank you for your interest in our core. For new users or new project requests, we ask that you please create a Power Point slide or two addressing the following questions and send the attachment to SingleCell@bwh.harvard.edu
- Please state basic experimental design, questions, and project goals. (Note: when designing experiment, take into account batch effects which can often confound biological signal. Blog post with best practices.
- If you plan to submit multiple samples, what is the total number of samples you expect to submit in the next 3 months?
- What is the species of origin & cell type you wish to submit?
- When was your sample collected?
- If your samples were collected after 01/01/2020 and are any of the following: respiratory samples, saliva, stool, or tissues of the lung, gut, heart, liver, brain, and kidney, can you provide written documentation of COVID status?
- If isolating cells from tissue, has the tissue dis-aggregation/digestion protocol been optimized?
- What is the cell yield and viability of your sample?
- What is your method of cell isolation: Flow Sorting, MACS, etc?
(Note: If requesting CITE-seq service and using flow sorting as isolation method, please provide list of antibodies used in each panel)
Note: we require the viability to be at least 85% for optimal sequencing results. In most cases, some form of live cell purification, either by FACS or MACS column, is required. We therefore request that prior to scheduling a consult with us, you undertake necessary optimization to ensure adequate cell yield and viability. If applicable, we can offer to perform a QC check of your technique on our automated cell counter.
- For Nuc-Seq/ATAC-Seq projects, has cell lysis protocol for nuclei isolation from your cells of interest been optimized? Cell lysis protocols
- What is the expected size of your cells? (Note: According to 10X, the microfluidics chip used to capture cells has a cell size maximum of ~ 60um)
- How many different condition(s) are you interested in comparing?
- Does your lab have experience with bulk- or single-cell RNAseq of these cells?
- What is your bioinformatic capacity?
- For billing purposes, do you plan to use an internal Partners Peoplesoft Fund or an external non-Partners source of funding? (Note: if external, please provide more details)
After our scientific team has had a chance to review your slides, we will arrange a time to discuss the project. We look forward to working with you.